Fresh Cherry Pie. $8/ slice. A layer of pastry cream under the cherry fillings enhances the flavor.
Cherry Custard Pie
2 C Bing Cherries
2 T Red Wine
1 C Honey
2 T Corn starch
2 Egg yolks
1/2 C Sugar
2 T Flour
1 C Milk
1/2 piece Vanilla beans
1. Cut cherries in half to remove pits
2. Place cherries in medium saucepan and place over low heat with cover.
After the cherries lose juice, remove from heat.
3. Add Honey, wine and cornstarch and mix and cook over low heat, stir frequently
4. Mix egg yolks and sugar in a sauce pan.
5. Add flour and mix
6. Warm up milk with vanilla beans and slowly add to the egg yolk mixture over low heat, stir frequently
7. Pour cooled pastry cream into the crust
8. Pour cooled cherry mixture over the pastry cream layer
9. Bake for about 50 minutes in 400 degrees F oven
10. Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool.