They are available year-around but they get best and more varieties are available. This paste is good on a slice of baguette but it can be used for a sauce for pasta or soup and handy to keep it around.
1 King trumpet mushroom
1/2 package Shimeji mushroom
1/2 package Maitake mushroom
1/4 package Enokitake mushroom
4 Shiitake mushroom
2 clove Garlic
1 chili pepper
3 T E.V.O.O.
1 T White wine
1 t dried basil
1. Chop all mushrooms in chunks. Slice garlic thin.
2. Warm up E.V.O.O. in a pan with garlic and chili peppers for a few minutes.
Turn up the heat and add all the mushrooms and sauté. Add white wine.
3. Add basil, salt and pepper till all the mushrooms get tender and cool them down a bit.
4. Put them in a food processor to make a paste.
5. Toast slices of baguette and enjoy them with this mushroom paste.