This is something similar dish I had in a Thai restaurant. The key ingredient is Salted Plum ( Ume Boshi) and vegetables in this dish are not garnishes but they are good. I suppose you can make this dish with any kind of white meat fish.
1-1/2 ~ 2 Ib whole Pomfret
3 Stalks Celery
2 sticks Green Onion
5 stalks fresh Cilantro (Coriander)
5 Pickled Plum
1 cluster Fresh Ginger
1 T Fish Sauce (nam pla)
5 T Sake
1. Pomfret is a little bit easier to clean because it does not have scale. Just clean the guts. Salt and pepper and stuff the inside with celery leaves.
2. Julienning Celery, green onion and ginger.
3. Spread out 1/3 of celery, green onion and ginger on a plate, place fish on top and then place the rest of vegetables and pickled plums on top of the fish.
4. Pour fish sauce and sake over. Place the plate in a steamer.
5. Cook with full steam for 15 ~ 20 min.
6. Garnish with cilantro leaves.