It can be served chilled or hot. You really do not need to use chicken broth when the corns are fresh and sweet.
3 ears White Corn
2 t Butter
1 C Chicken broth or water
1 C water
1 C Milk
1. Remove corn kernels from the cob. Slice onions thin.
2. Place the corncobs after removing the kernels in a pot, add water and/or chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 min.
3. Sauté corn kernels with butter with medium heat. Remove a few tablespoonfuls of kernels and save them for the topping.
4. Add onion and continue to sauté for a few min. Add the corn broth from “2” and continue to cook for about 10 min.
5. Puree the mix with a hand mixer or in a blender and strain into another pot.
6. Add milk and cook with low heat. Careful not to boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.