Cinnamon goes well with Pumpkin but Cumin and Coriander also goes very well with it. Here is thick potage soup using Kabocha and carrots. Pumpkins provide wide range of flavor and Kabocha has deep flavor and sweetness and works well for this recipe but can be replaced with any of your favorite pumpkin.
1/2 about 1Ib Kabocha
2 t E.V.O.O.
2 t White wine
3 C Chicken broth
1 T Grated Ginger
a pinch of Cumin
a pinch of Coriander
Salt and Pepper
1. Remove seeds and cut Kabocha into a half-inch block size. Leave peal for about 1/3 of them and the rest should be sliced.
Slice carrots and onion.
2. Bake block shape Kabocha and Carrots after sprinkle olive oil for about 10 min. at 400 F oven.
3. Sautee onion and sliced Kabocha with Olive oil well and add white wine and chicken broth and cook for about 20 min with a medium heat.
4. Take out 1/3 of vegetable pieces and add ginger to the rest should be smoothed with blender or a hand mixer.
5. Add back the pieces of vegetable and oven baked Kabocha. Add Cumin, Coriander, salt and pepper to taste.