Vinegar stimulates the appetite in the hot weather. How about hot and sour soup with shrimp and tomato for tonight?
8 medium size shrimps
1 whole tomato 4 dried Shiitake mushroom 1/4 Ib Boiled Bamboo shoot 1/4 package Tofu 1 Green onion 1 piece Ginger 2 1/2 C water 1 1/2 C Chicken broth 1 whole chili pepper 1 T Soy sauce 1 T Potato starch 1 T vinegar 2 t Chili oil salt, pepper
1. Soak Dried Shiitake mushroom in water. Cut Tofu into 1/2-inch cube.
2. Remove the shell and detain the shrimp. Cut Tomato in 1/2 inch pieces, slice Bamboo shoots.
Cut Green onion in 1/2-inch pieces, Julienne Gingers fine.
3. Squeeze reconstituted shiitake and slice thin.
4. Put water used for dried Shiitake and chicken broth in a pan with medium heat.
5. Add chili pepper, Sliced shiitake, Tomato pieces, sliced Bamboo shoot and ginger in the pan and cook with high heat till start to boil. Reduce heat, add Tofu cubes and shrimp.
6. Once Shrimp is cooked (about 6~8 min), add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Reduce to low heat, add Potato starch dissolved with equal amount of water, and turn off the heat.
7. Add green onion, vinegar and chili oil.