Shrimp Curry Jamaican Style. It is so good I had to have it everywhere during my stay in Jamaica.
For 3 ~ 4:
10 medium shrimp
1/2 Red Bell pepper
2 clove garlic
2 twigs thyme
3 C water
2 T E.V.O.O.
3 T Coconut milk
1 t Ketchup
2 T Curry powder
1 t Potato starch
1. Peel and devein shrimps. Clean with running water.
2. Roast Shrimp shells in a pan without oil till color changes. Add water and thyme and cook with low heat.
3. Put salt and pepper and a half of curry power on shrimps. Chop onion and cut bell pepper in 1/3 inch. square.
4. Sautee onion with E.V.O.O. and garlic till onion gets soft. Add Bell peppers. Strain “2” and add to the pan. Keep the thyme in the pan.
5. Add shrimps, coconut milk, ketchup and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper for the taste.
Dissolve potato starch with 1 t of water and add to the pot. Boil once till the liquid get thick.